Monday, May 14, 2007

Zen says truth has nothing to do with authority, truth has nothing to do with tradition, truth has nothing to do with the past- truth is a radical, personal realization. You have to come to it. Knowledge is certain; the search for personal knowledge is very very hazardous. Nobody can guarantee it. If you ask me if I can guarantee anything, I say I cannot guarantee you anything. I can only guarantee danger, that much is certain. I can only guarantee you a long adventure with every possibility of going astray and never reaching the goal. But one thing is certain: the very search will help you to grow. I can guarantee only growth. Danger will be there, sacrifice will be there; you will be moving every day into the unknown, into the uncharted, and there will be no map to follow, no guide to follow. Yes, there are millions of dangers and you can go astray and you can get lost, but that is the only way one grows. Insecurity is the only way to grow, to face danger is the only way to grow, to accept the challenge of the unknown is the only way to grow.
OSHO
Dang Dang Doko Dang.
Chapter 7.

No comments: